My blogs and I. Self-Assessment.

Criteria

All my blogs have met the expectations on the rubric except one. I failed to make sure my sources were in MLA format and instead had only links whenever I posted them. I also forgot to credit most if not all of the images on my blogs as well. Other than that my blogs have near perfect grammar, have images, responds to the topic with enough evidence to prove my point, meets the word count if not exceeds at time, and finally is always uploaded on time.

Confusion and Stress

There has been times when I am creating a blog that it stresses or confuses me since it is a relaxed platform and not as strict as an essay; because of this my writing sounds nervous or may sound rushed since I am trying to have a relaxed but not too relaxed style as I write my blog. Other than that I have not stressed too much about my blog posts since the topics have been interesting to me, which in hand makes me want to work on it more, but if the topic ever leaves my interest I may end up stressing since I will most likely end up forcing myself to write about it then just writing about it normally.

Effort

Whenever I write a blog I put all my effort into it, editing it, making it sound as best as I can, and most importantly keeping it on topic. There are times when I have felt overwhelmed with my other classes where I end up procrastinate writing my blog and have it be one of the last things I do since I use up a lot of times writing them. I have never struggled writing my blogs, all of them have felt natural but as I mentioned before I have felt nervous or felt rushed because of the loose style blogs have which are some troubles I face when I write my blogs. After I finish writing a blog I always review it that it is readable, has great grammar, and it pertains to the topic at hand.

Blogs being public

Students and my professor will end up reading my blogs at one point or at another for grading purposes or just reviewing it to give me feedback on how I can do better. All of that does not bother me since they are reading it to help me improve on my writing. There may be times students may just end up reading my blogs just because they want to which worries me slightly since no matter how many times I revise and edit them they won't sound perfect to me and that makes me anxious since they may end up seeing the mistakes I could not fix.

Blogs

What can be discussed in class to help not only me out in writing blogs but others in class would be to just tell us to relax and write our blogs in a proper way. May help relieve some stress the bloggers are feeling. For some material may be to talk about what blogs are good examples and why they are good examples of blogging. I have learned a lot about blogging I never knew about before. I did not know that vlogs were a form of blogging but in a video form, I saw them more as a diary type of style versus one of a blog. I also did not know just how popular blogs are and how there are billions made so frequently. Finally what has surprised me the most is that it can be used as teaching material in classroom to help people write better and get to know oneself better through it as well and without the restrictions of an essay or how the teacher writes a paper you can make your own style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are there such different graduation rates?

Why I am interested in researching social media bias.

Why do Babies have so many, gosh darn bones??